In Disney planning groups one of the most frequent questions is “Who do I tip?” And that’s quickly followed by “How much do I tip?” We thought we’d break it down just a little bit with a handy cheat sheet! As always, tipping is at the discretion of the guest and the list below is merely representative of what is customary in the United States and at Walt Disney World in particular.
We’ll start from arriving at the airport and work our way through your upcoming vacation!
- Cab, Uber or Car Service Driver: 10-20% of the fare
- Airport Parking Shuttle Driver: $1-2 per bag, more for really large or heavy bags
- Skycaps: $1-2 per bag, more for really large or heavy bags
- Disney’s Magical Express Driver: $1-2 per bag, more for really large or heavy bags
- Bell Services: $1-2 per bag, more for really large or heavy bags
- Mousekeeping: $1-2 per person, per night, left daily. $2-3 for extra towels, pillows or toiletries delivered. $5-10 for emergency cleaning or if a big mess like spilled food requires cleaning.
- Table service restaurants where it’s not included in the price: 18-20%, more for exceptional service. *note parties of 6 or more will automatically be charged 18%, but you can increase that for exceptional service.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Pirates League, Spa Services: 10-20% on service
- Fireworks Cruises, Carriage Rides and other special outings: $2-5 per person
- Valet Parking: $3-5